17 January 2012

Progress

I just wanted to post a quick update about how things are going here.
Alida is growing smarter every day.  She and I are working on writing her letters and spelling her name.  She is catching on quickly and tells me often that she "wants to learn".
Anthony is still working for Napa auto parts and he enjoys it.  He loves getting to drive for work.  We are still planning on getting him into school this year, but it probably won't be until after the baby comes.  His work has approved him taking his first week of paid vacation starting when the baby comes.  I am glad we will have a week together when the baby comes.
I am at nearly 30 weeks and it shows.  Simple things like walking around are becoming harder and leave me in more pain than I remember having with Alida.  I also find that my energy wanes more, though that is normal, but it makes daily tasks harder to accomplish.  To anyone who's been pregnant, that will come as no surprise.
Our doctor tells us that the baby is growing perfectly.  She's exactly the size she should be.  My weight gain is on track (so far), and I'm hoping it stays that way.  I dread gaining even one pound and have to constantly remind myself that right now, it's necessary and it's ok. (It doesn't make me feel any better about it though.)
I have recently reintroduced myself to Zumba via the Wii game.  It has a setting on it to do just a single song and they have beginner routines.  Each individual song lasts between 4 and 6 minutes, depending on the song.  It makes them really easy to do just one.  I have to sit down after one song, though I can generally do 2 or 3 in a day and call it good.  (Fear not.  It has been approved by my doctor.)  The other funny thing is, though walking is especially painful, I can do a little Zumba and not be in any pain afterward.  In fact, I generally feel better.
Well, that's about it for now.  I hope to keep everyone updated as much as I can.
Love from,
The Hunters.

2 comments:

Another Alicia said...

I was in a lot more pain during my second pregnancy, too. It was very difficult to walk most of the time. I'm glad you feel better after Zumba. Can't wait for pictures of your little girl.

The Hunters said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I suspect PGP and will be bringing it up with the doc on monday.
I can't wait to show her off! :)

A note to readers

I haven't been updating as often as I'd like to be. I find that I just don't take the time to do it.
I will try to be better but no guarantees.
Keep watching for fun photos and videos (and if I can't post videos here, links to them).
We love sharing our lives with you!