30 November 2011

Cravings

It's nothing new to most people that pregnant women have cravings.  Sometimes these cravings are stranger than others and they're not always necessarily good for you, but when a craving strikes, it becomes really hard to think about anything else.
You've all heard about pregnant women having cravings for ice cream, pickles, pizza, chocolate, watermelon and other yummy things, but what happens when the craving isn't for something edible?
This is the situation I've found myself in recently and I'm not quite sure exactly what to do about it.  Now, I know what you're thinking and no, I am not craving things like dirt or chalk or anything like that.  When I say it's not edible, I mean it is NOT edible. 
I have been craving exercise.  I WANT exercise and I am finding it hard to think about much else a lot of the time.  I even find I'm getting depressed without it.
The easy answer is "well then, get up and exercise!", but I wish it were that easy.  I find I'm having a lot of normal pregnancy complaints: indigestion, sore back, low energy, and frequent trips to the bathroom.
If I had my way, I would have a treadmill in the livingroom.  I want to walk more than anything (without freezing my tail off or getting Alida sick).  I have done enough thinking and research on the subject and while it is completely safe for me to exercise right now, it's also apparent that I need to make sure I don't overdo it.  This is why walking seems to be one of the best answers.  For a little bit, before the weather turned cold, Anthony, Alida and I started going on evening or weekend walks and though it wasn't easy, I always felt better and happier after we'd done it.  Now I am on a quest to figure out how to satisfy this "craving" and hopefully get rid of the accompanying depression.  Any advice would be GREAT! (Oh, and if anyone has a treadmill I could have, either free or SUPER cheap... Like, less than $50 cheap, I would SUPER love it!  I'm just saying.)
Did any of you ladies ever find yourself "craving" something strange like that?
If I figure out a solution, I'll let you know and I'd love to hear what you all think or any advice you might have.

4 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

With only a few days left in my pregnancy I'm not really dealing with any cravings. Simply trying to stay cheerful and sweet with everyone around me at this point. :)

Blessings~

The Hunters said...

Thank you and congratulations to you as well.

Unknown said...

I would suggest Mom's into Fitness. It is geared specifically for each trimester and has a great recovery program for after the baby too. The local Library might have a copy you never know.

The Hunters said...

That sounds like an interesting idea. I'll have to look and see if they do carry it and give it a try. Thanks Holly!!

A note to readers

I haven't been updating as often as I'd like to be. I find that I just don't take the time to do it.
I will try to be better but no guarantees.
Keep watching for fun photos and videos (and if I can't post videos here, links to them).
We love sharing our lives with you!