25 December 2011

Merry Christmas

Another Christmas has come and gone and this year was particularly fun.  Though we didn't have much, what we did have, we made count.
Yesterday was spent visiting our families.  In the early afternoon, we visited my family for a few hours.  I love going down there, even if it's only for a few hours. 
In the late afternoon, we went to Anthony's parent's house and helped them get ready to head to Orem for dinner.  My job was kid wrangler.  It was a fun job.
When we were all ready, we headed up to join the Holmes family for Christmas Eve dinner and an ugly Christmas sweater contest.  The entries were definitely original and... Well, let's call them creative.  (Pictures to follow)
The kids put on a nativity, Alida, however, decided that the baby doll she was "taking care of" down stairs was more important and didn't join the rest.
Santa came to our house and Alida couldn't have been happier.  It took her a few minutes to "wake up" and realize what was going on.  She just stood in place for a few minutes.
Tonight we were joined by the Sheets family for dinner.  They made a spectacular turkey and a cheesecake.  I love having them come over!
We ended the night watching Christmas movies.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

A note to readers

I haven't been updating as often as I'd like to be. I find that I just don't take the time to do it.
I will try to be better but no guarantees.
Keep watching for fun photos and videos (and if I can't post videos here, links to them).
We love sharing our lives with you!