27 December 2011

Turning tides

You know when people ask you what you want for Christmas... Possibly getting an idea of what to get for you... And you rack your brain thinking of what to tell them.  This year was one of those years for me.  I know of things I'd like to have EVENTUALLY, but nothing very practical for Christmas.  The things I could think of were either "plan and save for it" things, or "I have to wait until after the baby comes to use it" things.  There were only 2 things that were outside these 2 spheres that I actually wanted:  A food processor and a hair straightener.  Exciting, right... *rolls my eyes*... But that's what I wanted.
Thanks to my wonderful parents, I was able to get my food processor the day after Christmas (thank you mom and dad!).
Santa brought me a hair straightener *wink*.
That took care of the only 2 things I asked for.  I got other wonderful things too.  My mother in law and sisters in law got me some WONDERFUL clothes that work as both maternity and non-maternity and a coat that actually closes over my burgeoning belly.  I felt like the luckiest woman in the world!
Anthony, however, had another surprise for me.
On Christmas morning, I was presented with a gift.  A box.  It could have been anything.  I wasn't expecting anything, so I had no guesses what it was.  I tore off the paper like our 4 year old and what did I find?... He had purchased one of the things from my "after baby" list...  Zumba Fitness for the Wii.
Oh goody.  A gift that I so desperately want to use, but can't for another 4 or 5 months (allowing for time to heal). *sigh*
But I couldn't have been more excited, because, even though I couldn't use it yet, we have it now and that's one step closer.

Well, I spent the rest of that day and most of yesterday staring at that box and wishing it were March.  Today, I couldn't stand it anymore.  I opened the package and popped it in the Wii, thinking "oh, I'll just create my profile so when I CAN use it, it'll be all ready".  This led to "well, I suppose just *looking* at the different workouts won't hurt... Just to see".
Well, you can imagine.  After 2 minutes of "just looking", I found myself up and strapping on the wand belt.
5 minutes later, I was panting and laughing and the kids were loving it too.
It must have been a sight to behold, watching me shake my 6 months pregnant groove!  I haven't had so much fun working out since I moved from our Redwood Road apartment and had to stop attending actual Zumba classes.  I loved it so much, I did another one tonight! 

Sometimes, my husband is a genious! *sigh*

No comments:

A note to readers

I haven't been updating as often as I'd like to be. I find that I just don't take the time to do it.
I will try to be better but no guarantees.
Keep watching for fun photos and videos (and if I can't post videos here, links to them).
We love sharing our lives with you!