17 December 2011

The Week Before Christmas

Well, one more week until the big day and I am just about ready to be done with it.  I love the season, but I wish I could just sit back and watch it all happen without rushing around or worrying about anything.  I don't want to set foot inside another store until after the new year, if it can be helped.  I don't want to see another print ad for holiday gift ideas and I don't want to cut out one more cookie.
Don't get me wrong.  I'm not in a "Bah Humbug" mood.  Let's chalk all this up to me being tired and cranky.  I've spent the last 3 days doing so much, that I haven't given the dust time to settle.  This has left me sore and my energy seriously depleted.  (Of course, it is greatly exacerbated by my being 6 months pregnant...)
I have to admit though, I love this time of year!  I love seeing Alida's face light up when we turn on the Christmas lights.  I have loved making the cookies with her and I love how she so innocently tells everyone that what she wants for Christmas is a "princess puzzle that I saw at Walmart".  That is the ONLY thing she has asked for all month.  It melts my heart to hear her little princess voice proclaim this excitedly.  She can also get away with being adorable in the store.
We went to the mall a few days ago and while there, I found the little magnetic picture of Jesus that her primary teacher had given her this past Sunday, so I gave it to her.  While she and Anthony were walking around a store, a sales lady came up to "serve them" and Alida excitedly held up the picture and said "This is Jesus! He's the Son of God!" And all the lady could say was "yes, it is". 
One other fun aspect this year is we have had a mystery family "12 Days of Christmas-ing" us.  Each night there is a knock at our door and when we go out to see, on our porch is an envelope and a treat for our family.  Inside each envelope is instructions, a scripture reference and a story.  On the first day, we were given a CD with the envelope that has 13 Christmas songs on it.  Each night before bed, we listen to that night's song and read the scripture and the story.  It has been really fun and it has opened up discussions with Alida about what Christmas is really about.  We look forward to it each night.
Like I said, I really do enjoy Christmas.  I just think the last 3 days have left me a little drained.
We hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas season.  We love you!
Love,
The Hunters

No comments:

A note to readers

I haven't been updating as often as I'd like to be. I find that I just don't take the time to do it.
I will try to be better but no guarantees.
Keep watching for fun photos and videos (and if I can't post videos here, links to them).
We love sharing our lives with you!